(As we know it...)
The house is over 100 years old and situated in a former industrial area of Picton. We think it was constructed sometime between 1860 and 1880. Just up the street was a carriage works which was succeeded by a foundry in the mid 1800ís. Across the road were several buildings associated with the foundry and by some accounts there was a barrel-maker as well. At some point we believe there was a blacksmith shop at the end of the cul-de-sac .
In the early 1800ís, the park below was the tip of Picton Bay. Barges once moored in the valley just below the backyard. The houses on the street were homes for the various employees of the foundry. It has been suggested that Hideaway House belonged to the stablemaster and what is now the backyard was the stable.
When the bridge was constructed to cross Picton Bay, the tip of the bay became a marsh and was eventually filled to become Delhi Park.
Sherry bought the house in 1989, when it was approximately two thirds its current size, and began to renovate. In 1991 she began the addition which is now the living room on the main floor and the Master Bedroom above.
As you will discover, Sherry is not only an excellent builder, but a talented designer and decorator as well.
- Open concept kitchen/dining room/sitting area with a panoramic view of the backyard, pool & the valley.
- Living room with French doors opening on to a screened in deck surrounded by trees, waterfalls and a pool view. For cooler evenings, an easy to use gas fireplace.
- Front den that has a futon to comfortably sleep two with privacy.
- Powder room.
- Satellite TV, DVD, CD & VCR, Surround-sound.
- High Speed Internet. WiFi
- Full bathroom with old claw foot tub, skylight, shower.
- Laundry - washer and dryer.
- Master bedroom with two person jet tub, sink and glorious cathedral ceilings with skylights. French doors open out to a balcony that overlooks the back gardens and pool. The sound of the waterfalls will lull you to sleep. Satellite TV.
- Guest bedroom with double bed overlooking the back gardens. Satellite TV.
- Single guest bedroom.
- Large private lot surrounded by shady trees and park land.
- In ground heated pool.
- 2 ponds with waterfalls.
- Multi terraced rock gardens.
- Propane barbeque.
- Easy walk to all amenities.
- Parking for 2 vehicles